RFID Laptop Tracking : Laptops are an important tool and a common fixture in virtually every company these days. As a result laptops end up with all kinds of business critical and even confidential information.
Laptops offer employees instant access to product information and plans, customer lists and sales contracts – essentially all the tools required to run a business.
Companies are increasingly concerned about the security of employee laptops given the sensitive nature of information contained on many of them
This reality combined with the fact that laptops are moved around more frequently today due to the nature of current business that requires more employee travel, make laptops a critical asset that need to be tracked.
RFID is used in laptop tracking for
- Monitoring and tracking movement of a laptop
- Tracking and identifying owners and users of laptop with photos
- Identifying the deviations from expected location or condition
- Triggering/exception based alerts or specific warning notifications
- Accessing historical data to identify and eliminate operational bottlenecks
- Maintaining the Inventory and history for a Laptop
Process of Laptop Tracking
- Verification of staff members at each check post
- Verification of Laptop at each check post
- History of the movement of both staff personal and laptop
- Automated Blocking on Trespassing and unauthorized access
- Real-Time Asset Discovery and Notification
Proposed Hardware & Software
- UHF Anti Metal Tag
- UHF Antenna
- UHF Controller